+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: PC Chips Motherboard

Default PC Chips Motherboard

Has anyone ever owned a mobo with both SD and DDR slots..... dont buy one..... the fsb will never run at full speed without DDR. So I overclocked the biaaach and then accelerated it.... at 9.81 m/s. Wait what was my point, oh ya EconoPC sucks never ever ever ever buy anything from them. They ripped me off.. I though I had a good deal on this mobo until the floppy controller failed. Oh well I have a warranty right.... so they sent me back a different board that doesnt support my processor so im stuck at 1050, hmmmm my girlfriend is making lunch.

PC Chips/PC Wave/ECS/Houston Tech are all the same company... They make low end motherboards mainly for OEM's who are driven by $$$ over anything else.

Actually your PC Chips motherboard is basically the same thing as the ECS K7S5A which was very popular a while ago. It's quite fast actually but the quality level of hte MB is quite lousy.

Btw your FSB problem is well known it's the SiS 735 chipset overheating! What you should do is replace that with an active cooler (with thermal paste ) and you should be able to run at a 133 MHz FSB! SErious try it out, it'll work!

Hehe... I don't think anyone wants to buy your computer after hearing about that!

Oh and one more thing you can get an overclockers BIOS for your board eh...

Haha... Well thanks, I'll take those comments as a complement... I'm assuming your motherboard is this one...

Looks very much like this eh?

YOu're right the K7VZA was actually a good motherboard, pretty quick for a KT133A. Your current MB the M830LMR supports your 1.4 GHz processor in if you flash your MB with the lastest it will even support an XP CPU!

I'll see if I can dig up some info on the overheating northbridge. Since I don't have that MB myself I'm not really sure what BIOS it uses but I thoguht it was Award. Again I'll see what I can find and let you know a little l8r.

PLease try replacing the chipset heatsink and let us know how things go!

ADRAMELK I need to know what you do with your computer most first though and what videocard you have... I have the ECS K7S5A overclocker bios now but they are kinda specific... Let me knwo and I'll upload the appropriate one.

Just found this link it might be albe to help youmore then I can...

AS for startup disks download this and extract it to your floppy.

The Flash file has a read me, if you need more help let me know.

No, sorry I don't use AIM.

What you should do is make a temp folder on your hard drive and store hte flash there. Use the boot disk just as that. Then go to that folder and flash.

You ahve to flash from DOS mode, not a DOS prompt within windows.

Hmm, ADRAMELK that really sucks. Gimme a little bit of time, I'm gonna talk to one of my friends who works in a retail store and see if I have the same problems you do.

Just wondering are you using a NTFS file system?

yeah, sounds like your using NTFS...(i am also) to flash the bios, you will need a 98 (not second edition, regular 98) startup disk to boot into 'dos'. copy the flash program, and the .bin file to a blank floppy. after the boot process is complete, copy the flash program, and the .bin file (from the a: prompt with the disk yo have the flash prog & bios .bin file on, copy ****.exe c: and copy ***.bin c:) to the 'diagnostic drive' (usually c switch to the c: drive (dir c and run the command to flash the bios ( ***.exe ***.bin)

good luck!!!

glad to see ur back up & runnin... i am happy too..just got my replacment 1.4 ayhja from AMD!!!! with a purty skived hsf...thanks amd

Booze? Hehe, I don't drink anymore!

We're all glad your computer is up and running well. Happy fragging in CS!

Hey CygnusX1, how high can you get that baby?

Kick ass man that's pretty awesome! Didn't I tell you?

It does feel faster as well right?

YOu're using a GTS/Pro/Ti right? You're all videocard limited now, so it doesn't really matter how much faster your system is.

Overall system benchmarks should be faster though.

Now that the heat issue has been resolved, you'll find that the SiS 735 is actually quite a fast chipset!

colin...you teh mang!!!!

ADRAMELK, thats one hell of an o/c...good luck!!!

<< Hey CygnusX1, how high can you get that baby? >>

Cant wait to throw it in...factory unlocked baby!!! i have to wait to get my backup mobo back from rma...i blew it up good...shot a capacitor about 3 feet in the air of the board..suffice to say, the board is dead...

Haha! Well thank you. I love helping ppl!

Ya ADRAMELK that's a very good oc. My old AYHJA 1.4 GHz T-Bird would do about 1.65 GHz with a GlobalWin WBK-38. Loud, fast and hot! I'm sure with a bit of tweaking you can get it higher!

<< i have to wait to get my backup mobo back from rma...i blew it up good...shot a capacitor about 3 feet in the air of the board..suffice to say, the board is dead... >>

?!? Damn dude that must have sucked! What board was it?

Maybe on th4e wknd if I have enough time, I'll build a TEC for my XP... I wanna break 2 GHz!

it was a fic ad-11..was testing the h20 kit for leaks in it (it didnt leak!!) i dont know what caused it...prolly shorted against a screw that was laying in the case...it was late, and i was tired...so it got my mobo, and my xp 1700...mobo went back to day, hangin on to the 1700 to see if its really dear..will prolly send it back soon tho...

Damn. Ya I killed an Epox 8KHA+ the same way well at least I think so anyway, the stupid metal nut was touching one of the resistors... It didn't blow, but burnt out.

Does your XP1700+ work? Hey what stepping is it? We have one here, AGOIA that does 1.89 GHz with air!

i am pretty sure the 1700 is dead...it's agkga y couldn't get it to unlock, but was able to run it @ 150*11 (1650mhz)...now i have the 1800 w/ agoga y stepping...unlocked, but havent pushed it yet..want to wait for the h2o setup...its killin me tho...may see what it can do soon...

That's a shame. The 2 AGKGA Y's I had both maxed out at around 1.7 GHz while my XP2000+ which was AGOGA did 1.8 GHz. That was with air cooling though so I'm pretty sure you can go higher then that with water!

+ Reply to Thread