+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Team PCStats: Folding@Home

Default Team PCStats: Folding@Home

Hey there guys!

Well the PCStats forum now has a Folding@Home team so we now need folders!!!

It's very simple to join, simply download the client software, pick out a unique user name (please choose your forum user name, you don't have to if you don't want to though) and let the program install. After it is installed, you'll need to right click on the forum software that is loaded in the taskbar and go to configure...

[img]**********************.pcstats**********/articleimages/200302/fold2.gif[/img]

From there it will open a new window and you must put 13496 in the Team number: area.

[img]**********************.pcstats**********/articleimages/200302/fold1.gif[/img]

And that's it, you're now folding for team PCStats!

It's for a good cause so if you have some CPU cycles to spare, make sure you're folding! You can check out our team's Folding@Home stats here to see who the best PCStats Forum folder is and where you stand.
    Last edited by TranceJunkieXL; 06-01-05 at 10:24 AM.
    Woo it's always fun

Aquinas Guest

ermmm.. hi, i am sorry to ask, but.. what is folding?

Aquinas F@H computes the medical data for Stanford, hopefully one day solving all of life's illnesses!

<< Aquinas F@H computes the medical data for Stanford, hopefully one day solving all of life's illnesses! >>

Do you think they'll ever cure stupidity? If so, I know lots of people that need treatment

<< Do you think they'll ever cure stupidity? If so, I know lots of people that need treatment >>

Haha... I doubt it, although I wish it could!

well i'm in. at least 16 hours a day from my 2.4 is now going to the pcstats foldage.

<< well i'm in. at least 16 hours a day from my 2.4 is now going to the pcstats foldage. >>

Great to have you aboard!

A folding I will go!!!

<< A folding I will go!!! >>

Awesome GNXtreme! Glad to have you onboard!

you could try it and see if it will turn in work on time. it used to be a p166 would turn a wu before deadline but since then the wu's have increased alot. if it has a problem finshing before deadline just re-configure your client for GAH preference they don't have a deadline and they will still get credited to the team

good to be onboard!!

I didn't want to start a new thread for this so I will just ask my question here.
    When your in the middle of a fold and you want to use your computer(for example burning a cd), would it cancel your fold if you closed Folding@home, used your computer then opened Folding@home again?

Thanks in Advance for your help.

Glockillusion F@H uses only your spare CPU cycles and it gives it back when you need them...

You can leave it running all the time you shouldn't notice any performance difference.

Hi all, yea the client does an exellent job with only using idle cpu cycles. I am folding for AMD_Users and I have folded for several teams. I tend to lose interest once team start getting over 500 members now it seems that the reverse has happened now I am the only one that has put up any points for the team I'm on in the last couple of days. Haven't made my mind up yet but this team is doing well and it would be fun to climb up the ranks on this team.

"What this world needs is a few more rednecks" CDB....We would love to have you aboard BionicRedneck!

yea I did switch team numbers on the my FAH clients but I also run other projects occationally so if you notice that I haven't been turning any work in thats probly whats going on. Starting to climb a little in the ranks plus if things work out I will have another pc running in about a month.

Im in also.....let the clock cycles ROLL!!!

giga-byte GA-7VAXP mobo
    AMD xp 2200
    windows xp
    512 pc2700 ram (kingston)
    visiontek geforce 4 ti4600 vid card
    duel 19 inch viewsonic flat screens

What would the minimum requirement be for running the FAH? I have an additonal computer setup (Networked) most of the time they are 24/7

The little one P(200) 32m Ram, 5G HD.

Is this good enough to run the FAH?

Hi all, I've just completed my first fold (is that what you call it?) & I'd be happy to start a new one but the icon disappeared from my system tray & although I can get it back, I don't know how to start a new fold. Can someone help me?

try ctrl alt del to see if the core is still running if it is stop it then try restarting client if that doesn't work rebooting should do the trick

+ Reply to Thread