+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Thread: Team PCStats: Folding@Home

Default Re: Team PCStats: Folding@Home

I'm fortunate to have multiple inputs on my monitor,so i have primary card on DVI port and second card on standard VGA port. But heres a link to how to make a dummy plug should you want to try that route.
    **********************.overclock.net/overclock-n...ummy-plug.html
    DFI LP DK X48 MoBo
    Intel Quad Q9450
    6 Gig Patriot PC8500 memory
    1x Evga GTX 280 (dead 2cnd in 6 months)
    1x Evga GTX 260 core 216
    2x 250 gig WD Black Raid 0
    1x 320 gig Seagate Storage
    1x 1000 gig Seagate
    X-FI Extreme Music W/Logitech Z5300e's
    Antec Earthwatts 750
    Dell 2405FPW
    Logitech natural keyboard,G7 mouse
    Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit

Yikes, I have the DVI to VGA adapters...but you would think there would be a better way than this. I didn't need do to this in XP, it should be just a simple display settings change

Thanks Slumpy, you're the best.

Ya has been a know issue in Vista and Win 7.And it isn't a problem in XP relocated my
    8800 GT's to a XP machine last week they been happily folding away with only one card hooked up to a monitor.
    DFI LP DK X48 MoBo
    Intel Quad Q9450
    6 Gig Patriot PC8500 memory
    1x Evga GTX 280 (dead 2cnd in 6 months)
    1x Evga GTX 260 core 216
    2x 250 gig WD Black Raid 0
    1x 320 gig Seagate Storage
    1x 1000 gig Seagate
    X-FI Extreme Music W/Logitech Z5300e's
    Antec Earthwatts 750
    Dell 2405FPW
    Logitech natural keyboard,G7 mouse
    Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit

Arrow Re: Team PCStats: Folding@Home

I found a diagram on that site on how the resistors connected in the adapters:
    [IMG]****************tvtool.info/gifs/vga_dummy.gif[/IMG]

It seems that both 68 & 75 ohm resistors work.
    Last edited by Jimmy; 06-11-09 at 10:58 PM.

New to the folding game here and what I've read, I think I understand some things a bit better. But correct me if I am wrong in what I want to try and do. If I install a second video card (Nvidia 9800GTX) and use the GPU client for that card (my monitor would use my existing ATI 3870) will that work? Do I have to use the dummy plug on the Nvidia card?
    i7-965EE - ASUS R3E - Noctua NH-D14 - 6GB Corsair DDR3 1600 - 2 WD 150GB VelociRaptors RAID 0 - 2 HD4870 X2s - Silverstone DA1000W PSU - Open Test Bench - Dell 3008 WFP 30" - Win7 64bit Ult
    24/7 Rig - Xeon 3360 - Noctua NH-U12P - Gigabyte EP45-UD3P - 8GB OCZ PC2 6400 - 2 Seagate 500GB-RAID 0 - ATI HD5850 - OCZ 700W PSU - Antec P180 - Dell 30" - Win7 64bit Ult

the last time i checked, i believe you need to have a dummy plugged in, or a monitor plugged in. but i don't know if has changed since, it was a year ago.

you ARE using the GPU client right now right? not the cpu SMP client.
    [IMG]**********************.digitalinvent**********/files/Siggy.jpg[/IMG]
    ******.poppetsfloral********** - The one stop shop for all your floral arrangement needs. (Wedding flowers, Bouquets, Boutonnière, Bridal Showers, Baby Showers, Bridal Flowers, Groomsman Boutonnieres, Special Occasions, Floral Design, and Events)

Quote Originally Posted by AKHandyman View Post
    New to the folding game here and what I've read, I think I understand some things a bit better. But correct me if I am wrong in what I want to try and do. If I install a second video card (Nvidia 9800GTX) and use the GPU client for that card (my monitor would use my existing ATI 3870) will that work? Do I have to use the dummy plug on the Nvidia card?
    I believe it depends on your OS. XP doesn't need a monitor or dummy plug for the 2nd card, but Vista and Win 7 do.

I'm sure Slumpy will correct me if I'm wrong as he's the village expert on this subject and I remain the village idiot on pretty much every subject.

is anyone having trouble getting work units right now? i wanna know if it's Stanford's server end or my end. my client keeps saying "attempting to get work unit" and it never gets it. i wonder if the server is down.

EDIT: yup,, the GPU client server is down today. hopefully it'll be back up tomorrow. Looks like the staff at Stanford are having a little too much fun on Valentines day. Just hope they show some real results with babies.
    Last edited by BAM!; 02-15-10 at 02:27 AM.
    [IMG]**********************.digitalinvent**********/files/Siggy.jpg[/IMG]
    ******.poppetsfloral********** - The one stop shop for all your floral arrangement needs. (Wedding flowers, Bouquets, Boutonnière, Bridal Showers, Baby Showers, Bridal Flowers, Groomsman Boutonnieres, Special Occasions, Floral Design, and Events)

+ Reply to Thread