+ Reply to Thread

Thread: OEMCD001 cd-rom driver?

DOS is installed, and everything is formatted. I have the boot sequence A then C. I put the Win98 Startup Disk in, I choose "Start computer with CD-ROM support".

It says: Device Name: OEMCD001
    No Drives found, aborting installation

before that it seems to be loading a generic cd-rom driver.

DOS does need a CD driver in order to access the CD-ROM, as well the DOS MSCDEX.EXE file needs to be run with the correct parameters to assign a driver letter to the CD-ROM. The easiest way to achieve this is probobly just to get a Windows98 or DOS 6.22 boot disk from bootdisk********** that has CD-ROM support.

Default OEMCD001 cd-rom driver?

it appears i need "OEMCD001" to install a cd-rom in order to install win98. I cant seen to find it, and when i do... do i just put that file on the win 98 startup / boot disk??

dantheman is offline for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you dantheman is on a distinguished road

So this is some driver that you need? You shouldn't need drivers at all to use a cd-rom and install win 98. Did you set the 1st boot disk to cd-rom, stick the disk in, and try it that way? When exactly does this message come up saying that you need OEMCD001? If you have done that stuff try installing DOS first then install win 98. Hopefully you have DOS still laying around somewhere.

have you been messing about with your jumpers recently?

Alright thanks guys, i got her workin... all i did was put the Win98 boot disk in and did "copy A:*.* C:"" it worked so thanks.

+ Reply to Thread