+ Reply to Thread

Thread: This week's stress..

Thumbs down This week's stress..

my list of grievances/complaints with the GA-7VAXP Ultra Rev. 1.2:

- does not have the four holes by the socket for waterblocks, etc.
    - does not read WD 200Gb drive
    - does not read the above harddrive connected on the 3rd or 4th IDE connectors (ATA133 RAID)
    - absolutely does not cooperate with Win2k...period.
    - does not support or have an option for S.M.A.R.T. for harddisks
    - random self-rebooting

i downloaded all the drivers for everything, including the BIOS update from GigaByte's site, and the BIOS updater says the chipset is not supported, but all the driver packs work. As soon as I go to install something, the error message "____.exe has genereated errors and is now being closed....." If by some miracle the installation goes through, there are endless errors in the program when I try to run it. Either some message pops up saying it wasn't installed right and files are corrupted, or it just won't open. During the installation of 2k, when the files are being copied from the CD, many of them "can't be copied" and those are completely random and every installation attempt the uncopyable files are different ones. The CD is not bad, nor are the contents of it. It has worked flawlessly several other times on widely-varying hardware environments. I wrote zeroes to the drive a total of 15 times and formatted/installed at least 30 in the past four days. Nothing make a difference. I decided to not even try messing with the board anymore today, so I took it out and put my 7VTXE+ back in and i'm back to tolerable semi-cooperation.

[center][img]**********************.lifelessempathy.net/pics/pcstats/pcstats-sig.gif[/img][/center]

phill9800 is offline 3500 posts and all I got was this T-shirt phill9800 will become famous soon enough

maybe a change of board would be best?.... personnal favourites are ABit or DFI...
    [url=**********************.hwbot.org/user.do?userId=12623][img]**********************.hwbot.org/signature/u12623.png[/img][/url]

[url=****************valid.canardpc**********/show_oc.php?id=1024291][img]****************valid.canardpc**********/cache/banner/1024291.png[/img][/url]

why a kt400 board?!
    <table><td width=325>[SIZE="1"][COLOR="Gray"][B]Intel Q9450[/B] 3.2/1.1250v TRUE + Scythe S-Flex SFF21E
    [B]OCZ Platinum PC8000[/B] 4x2gb 5-5-5-15 @960/1.8v
    [B]Gigabyte EP35-DS4[/B]
    [B]Samsung[/B] Spintpoint T HD501LJ HDD
    [B]Creative SB X-Fi Extreme Music[/B] + some USB t-amp
    [B]Sapphire HD3870[/B] @stock w/ AC Accelero S1[/COLOR][/SIZE]<td>[SIZE="1"][COLOR="Gray"][B]Antec P180B[/B] w/ 5x Yate Loon D12SL-12 @5v
    [B]Some Hi-Fi Speakers[/B] + dual 8" subs
    [B]Logitech G9 Mouse[/B]
    [B]Saitek Eclipse Keyboard[/B]
    [B]LG 37LB5D[/B]
    [B]Seasonic S12 Energy Plus 650W[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]</table>

ruszip Guest

Default gigabyte?

doesent really suprise my, i have a 7n400 pro mobo and i have had nothing but trouble with this thing , get this, i had to turn the multiplyer down to 10 to beable to play games and do other cpu intensive programs and my cpu is a 2600 amdi have a new board to put in , an msi , i just havent had the time to tear it down and redo everything

Quote Originally Posted by bluegreenshxt
    why a kt400 board?!
    GigaByte is just a favorite of mine, and i was just really looking at being able to have more than four IDE drives and be able to use my 200gb drive, too, and have some upgradability room but still be able to use everything i've got now...but i guess i'm kinda SOL on that..besides, i figured KT400 would be better than KT266A that i'm running now..::shrug:: i think my only other option would be to get the ATA133 PCI card and hook it up that way.
    [center][img]**********************.lifelessempathy.net/pics/pcstats/pcstats-sig.gif[/img][/center]

did you get this kt400 recently? cause you should of gone nf2
    Intel Core 2 Extreme QX6850 @ 3.6ghz 400x9 1.35v <Strike>Cooled by D-Tek Fuzion w/Acc. Nozzel</strike>
    H20 Dead =(, Xigmatek Dark Knight
    Gigabyte GA P35 DS4
    G-Skill 2x2gb/Crucial Ballistix 2x1gb DDR2800 @ 4-4-4-12 2.1v
    EVGA Geforce 9800GX2 @stock
    PC Power & Cooling 750w
    Coolermaster Stacker 810
    <Strike>Tygon 1/2 tubing/DD Black Ice Extreme 2 Rad/Hydor L30 AC pump/5.25 rez</Strike>
    Windows 7 64bit

Quote Originally Posted by ElrichMeister
    did you get this kt400 recently? cause you should of gone nf2
    yeah, it came in the mail tuesday...the board is supposedly a "current" board instead of "discontinued"...but the BIOS date that it had was F4-late 2003. GA keeps making "newer" ones of the same thing (ie: 7VAXP, 7VAXP Ultra, 7VAXP-A, 7VAXP-A Ultra). my board being the second one in the list, it's fairly down there in complexity, but i don't know. it should be a fire-breathing beast of a board, but the only fire is my foot hitting the case repeatedly.

+ Reply to Thread