+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Farcry Long Distance Shooting (w/o Sniper Rifle)

Default Farcry Long Distance Shooting (w/o Sniper Rifle)

so a friend after having beat farcry has loand it to me to let me try it out. Started up a new game on the hardest AI level with the AI scaling turned off (incase I start playing bad I dont want the AI scaling down). Just had a few questions and what not.

Is it possible to snipe down targets that can only been seen via the binoculars. Im not sure if the game employs any kind of bullet drop over distance physics, etc.

Im curious as to weather or not I can gun someone down whose standing next to a crate but doesnt appear on the screen due to distance. Its my guess that the answer is no, that basically the binoculars load up the objects in the distance based on zoom, but normally those things arent displayed till you get closer to keep the system strain down.

Also the other thing I was wondering is, do the rocks even work at the hardest AI level. Ive been behind merc goons, tossed a rock over thier heads or to one side and have them go full alert turn around and gun me down. Ive also tried throwing rocks to the left or right of them while theyre facing me. It seems as tho they dont really work but was curious if I was using them wrong or not. As it stands the only thing rocks accomplish is bullets being schedueld for launch towards my digital cranium.
    Intel Core2 Duo E8500 E0 Stepping
    Asus P5Q Pro
    Patriot PVS24G6400LLK (4-4-4-12)
    Corsair TWIN2X4096-6400C4DHX (4-4-4-12)
    GTX260 Core 219
    Corsair CMPSU-520HX PSU
    Soundblaster X-Fi XtremeMusic

Default Just blow them up!

For the shooting thing, I guess you will have to try and let us know.

And the rocks, I never had any luck with them either. Try using a grenade instead.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah i beat the game without throwing a single rock, and only used about 15 grenades the whole time also... All u need is the m4 and the sniper rifle.
    Silverstone ST400 400W ATX 2.2
    Gigabyte 965P-DS3 Rev 1.3
    Core 2 Duo E4300 @ 3.0GHz (333 FSB)
    6GB DDR2 Dual Channel @ 888MHz: 5-5-5-18
    ASUS Radeon HD4850 512MB @ 705/1070MHz
    250GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.10
    1TB Seagate LP Green Drive

I'm not sure about the shooting thing, my guess is probably. I sniped a guy from 850 meters away (didn't get the second guy as he ran off and the thing just WOULDN'T STAY STILL ). And rocks shouldn't matter, run and gun baby .

". Ive also tried throwing rocks to the left or right of them while theyre facing me"

well maybe they spotted you because they saw you throw the rocks lol
    <b>
    PunkMusic reviews <a href="****************systemreject**********">SYSTEMreject</a> (coming soon in a week or so)
    TILL THEN JOIN THE FORUMS - <a href="****************systemreject**********/forum">FORUMS</a></b>

I gave up on the rock thing, I found that throwing bullets was indeed a better alternative ;p

As for the distance shooting thing I goofed with it some more and found out that you can only hit stuff thats been rendered on your screen. If you cant see it while your zooming with the gun, then its not there yet. I suppose cranking up the game detail would extend this rendering distance out and make for some longer distance shooting.

Also, theres a new patch out (1.3) for farcry. It came out on the 25th of this month to replace the recalled 1.2 patch. From what I can tell, the gun changes and general game changes they announced didnt go into 3. The guns are still the same, and the run speed and stam capacity are still the same. This patch did fix some stuff for the ATI users and did some stuff for SM3.0 go check it out if you havent already.
    Asus P5Q Pro
    GTX260 Core 219
    Corsair CMPSU-520HX PSU

I just started playing this game too, and I find the best gun for me is the MP5. For some reason I can hit them in the head better and kill them faster with it then any other gun. I think its cause it has less recoil then the colt. I guess.

I found out reading various Farcry tweak pages that you can increase the render distance. Im fairly sure this option isnt accessible from the options, I cant imagine why though. I dont have the command right now but it does exist, so if your packing alot of GPU power and dont mind seeing things farther in the distance than normal you might want to search around and get your snipe on =P
    Asus P5Q Pro
    GTX260 Core 219
    Corsair CMPSU-520HX PSU

If you need anymore places to look, you can check here.

****************forums.ubi**********/eve/ubb.x?a=tp...91&m=434107953

+ Reply to Thread