+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Proud New Owner of an ATI Radeon X1900XT

Talking Proud New Owner of an ATI Radeon X1900XT

The day the Radeon X1900 series was released I picked one up from ZipZoomFly for $525. The first thing I did with the card was grab the XTX BIOS and flash it. Everything went flawless. Now I've got a retail ATI Brand X1900XTX for $125 less than the retail price. For those of you who don't know, the hardware on the cards is exactly the same. The only difference is the default BIOS settings.

Since the days of the 9700 I've always had a preference for ATI cards, even though I've used a few nVidia cards since then. I prefer their image quality, features, and find them more fun to overclock. The X1900 is no different.

With a bit of tweaking I have been able to squeeze quite a good amount of performance out of the card. Here are my results so far:

3DMark06: 6,429
    3DMark05: 12,486
    3DMark03: 20,958
    3DMark01: 38,610

So far I am unable to publish any of my scores because 3DMark does not recogiznize the GPU. It may be that an update is needed for the software, or that new drivers are needed. There are no drivers on the ATI website that support the X1900 yet. The only option are the drivers that are on the CD that shipped with the cards.

Dependence on CPU speed - In overclocking my processor from 2.2Ghz to 2.8Ghz, I was able to gain:

322 points in 3DMark06 (5.83%)
    1,101 points in 3DMark05 (10.13%)
    1,156 points in 3DMark03 (6.17%)
    7,612 points in 3DMark01 (20.67%)

I was surprised by the small increase in 3DMark03. I always saw pretty good gains by overclocking the system. I know quite a few people, including myself, complain about how GPU limited 3DMark05 is. It looks like 06 is almost twice as bad.

[IMG]****************hardware-geek**********/Pictures/Computer/X1900.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]****************hardware-geek**********/Pictures/Computer/X1902.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]****************hardware-geek**********/Pictures/Computer/X1903.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]****************hardware-geek**********/Pictures/Computer/X1904.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]****************hardware-geek**********/Pictures/Computer/X1905.jpg[/IMG]

grats, im simply amazed at how fast that single card is. i'm away for a little bit and all of a sudden this happens.
    If pro is the opposite of con, what's the opposite of progress?

That's just sick. (in a good way) You put AS5 on it?
    -------------------------------------------

[B]HP 8510w Laptop[/B]

Intel Core2 Duo T7500 2.2Ghz
    4GB RAM
    nVidia Quadro 570M
    1920x1200 rez
    320GB Seagate Momentus 7200.3

so when are you gonna put water on that thing? and i don't mean your tendency to actaully put water on your components i mean a waterblock, lol. congrats and i expect to see some more from this expecially when the officially supporting drivers come out.
    CPU: Intel Q9400@3.6Ghz
    Mobo:GIGABYTE GA-EP45T-USB3P
    Mem: 8Gb DDR800
    Vid: HD3850 512mb(yeah, yeah, I know)

Congrats on the card..I was wondering what your user display pic was

I'd love to see it on your crazy watercooling set up though
    <table><td width=325>[SIZE="1"][COLOR="Gray"][B]Intel Q9450[/B] 3.2/1.1250v TRUE + Scythe S-Flex SFF21E
    [B]OCZ Platinum PC8000[/B] 4x2gb 5-5-5-15 @960/1.8v
    [B]Gigabyte EP35-DS4[/B]
    [B]Samsung[/B] Spintpoint T HD501LJ HDD
    [B]Creative SB X-Fi Extreme Music[/B] + some USB t-amp
    [B]Sapphire HD3870[/B] @stock w/ AC Accelero S1[/COLOR][/SIZE]<td>[SIZE="1"][COLOR="Gray"][B]Antec P180B[/B] w/ 5x Yate Loon D12SL-12 @5v
    [B]Some Hi-Fi Speakers[/B] + dual 8" subs
    [B]Logitech G9 Mouse[/B]
    [B]Saitek Eclipse Keyboard[/B]
    [B]LG 37LB5D[/B]
    [B]Seasonic S12 Energy Plus 650W[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]</table>

well you murdered the GTX SLi in '05...i'm impressed..., and yes please stick a water block on it...or maybe get another...crossfire them, and water cool both
    [html][RIGHT][B][U]System Specs[/U]
    Intel Core2 Quad Q9400 2.8ghz
    DFI Blood Iron P35-T2RL
    OCZ ATI certified 2048mb DDR2
    G.Skill 2048mb DDR2 800
    ATI Radeon HD5770 1024mb
    500gb Western Digital Caviar Black
    Antec High Current Gamer 520W
    Antec Three Hundred
    [/B][/RIGHT][/html]

Quote Originally Posted by omga14
    so when are you gonna put water on that thing? and i don't mean your tendency to actaully put water on your components i mean a waterblock, lol. congrats and i expect to see some more from this expecially when the officially supporting drivers come out.
    LOL!!! he has to now wait for the card to dry before he can use it JK!! Damn you avid, you have all the dream toys and gadgets have fun
    Athlon 64 3000+ (Coming Soon)
    [IMG]****************i75.photobucket**********/albums/i319/Kingcarcas/wiitag3sk.gif[/IMG]
    [IMG]****************i75.photobucket**********/albums/i319/Kingcarcas/x3606fn0ja.jpg[/IMG]

Seriously Avid... you make me feel poor
    [CENTER][Size=1][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Red"][B][U]Socket 939 parts[/U][/B]: AMD 64 Opteron 165 @ 2.7 GHz (CBB1E 0550 VPMW), 2X1 GB G.Skill DDR500 HZ (166 Mhz, 250 Mhz 3-4-4-8 1T), DFI Ultra-D NF4
    [B][U]Video Card[/U][/B]: eVGA 7950GT 256MB (thx NotMyBest2Day for the backup card MX400, still going to use it )[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="DarkOrange"][U][B]Sound Card[/B][/U]:Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS
    [B][U]Hard Drives[/U][/B]: 300 GB Maxtor Diamondmax 10 SATA, 160 GB Seagate IDE[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="Orange"][B][U]Optical Drives[/U][/B]: Nec ND-2500A (flashed to 2510A) on Enermax 485w Noisetaker[/COLOR][/center][/size][/FONT]

ahh, he makes up for alot of his purchasing with ebay sales. i've yet to sell a damn thing cause by the time i want to sell something nobody wants it i've fallen behind the tech bro'. even your ahead with the s939 setup.

Shiz, when do you think ATI will come out with 6.2? i'm figuring you're gonna see it by monday. if the card is in the shops for sale they need to have supporting drivers to keep all people happy.
    CPU: Intel Q9400@3.6Ghz
    Mobo:GIGABYTE GA-EP45T-USB3P
    Mem: 8Gb DDR800
    Vid: HD3850 512mb(yeah, yeah, I know)

grrrr. I'll forgive this ATi purchase.... for now. You'd best be thinking of ditching it and going G71 when that gets done (ie, weeks from now).

That '06 score is pretty high, but I get about 4200~ on my 78'GT. Surely the XTX can do better! Its the supra-high-end part of a new generation, to my high-end-value part of the old one!
    Wilson: Ah yes, if it isn't Dr. Ironside.

House: Ah, if it isn't Dr. I had no friends when I was growing up so all I did was watch TV by myself which is why I can now make constant pop culture references which no-one understands but me.

Wilson: That's my name, don't wear it out.

ಠ_ಠ

avid

a) i hate you
    b) you have too much money
    c) DAMN !

very nice dude
    [url=****************profile.xfire**********/yahooadam][img]****************miniprofile.xfire**********/bg/co/type/2/yahooadam.png[/img][/url]
    Jacking Your Threads Since 2005
    [url=**********************.last.fm/user/yahooadam/?chartstyle=lastfmrecent3v1] [img]****************imagegen.last.fm/lastfmrecent3v1/recenttracks/4/yahooadam.gif[/img] [/url]

Well, for now I'm keeping my 7800GTX to actually play games on while I play around with the X1900. I have found it better for nVidia and ATI to stagger their video card lauches. I can now sell the 7800GTX for almost the same price I bought it for. The same thing will happen with the X1900 in the event that the G71 murders it. I have no idea how well the G71 will perform, but I'm hoping ATI has a set of performance drivers that will be released around the same time. The memory controller on these cards is very powerful and programable. Software tweaks can end up bring out alot of performance.

Did someone say water?

[IMG]****************hardware-geek**********/Pictures/Computer/X1906.jpg[/IMG]

I'm about a week ahead of you guys...just delaying my posts.

ok so shall i kill him or do u want to

dammit avid where do u get all this money

i cant even afford 2 screens, let alone 2 computers

cant afford water on 1 comp, let alone a crazy project with 76 waterblocks 10 pumps and 1/2 of americas water supply
    [url=****************profile.xfire**********/yahooadam][img]****************miniprofile.xfire**********/bg/co/type/2/yahooadam.png[/img][/url]
    [url=**********************.last.fm/user/yahooadam/?chartstyle=lastfmrecent3v1] [img]****************imagegen.last.fm/lastfmrecent3v1/recenttracks/4/yahooadam.gif[/img] [/url]

You (censored)! Thats the damned waterblock I want for my system, the one i've been pining for over a year now. The same one I cant afford. Damn you.

calm down... go to your happy place... wiiiide open fields...

On a less... angry note, you really want to get a chipset waterblock now that you have the new DFI board. The DangerDen one meant for A8N chipsets should suffice.
    Wilson: Ah yes, if it isn't Dr. Ironside.

House: Ah, if it isn't Dr. I had no friends when I was growing up so all I did was watch TV by myself which is why I can now make constant pop culture references which no-one understands but me.

Wilson: That's my name, don't wear it out.

ಠ_ಠ

Quote Originally Posted by Skorp
    On a less... angry note, you really want to get a chipset waterblock now that you have the new DFI board. The DangerDen one meant for A8N chipsets should suffice.
    You mean alot like this one?

[IMG]****************hardware-geek**********/Pictures/Computer/wb.jpg[/IMG]

I have one sitting down on my shelve of extra water cooling hardware

[IMG]****************hardware-geek**********/Pictures/computer/xtra.jpg[/IMG]

Forgot to mention this hardware in the previous post. I don't use the chipset block because the board is capable of a 400Mhz FSB on air cooling alone. using a chipset block would just be alot of extra work to setup, another potential leak, and it would add heat to the water that isn't really necessary.

not to mention its another thing to slow down the water

and a PITA

******** i didn't even know 3dmark 06 is out. lol... guess i've been living under a rock.

very nice shizzy, that's a beautiful card, when you get a chance to actually overclock it.. let us know how much faster it is compare to a single 78gt/gtx and SLI.
    Last edited by BAM!; 02-05-06 at 12:36 PM.
    [IMG]**********************.digitalinvent**********/files/Siggy.jpg[/IMG]
    ******.poppetsfloral********** - The one stop shop for all your floral arrangement needs. (Wedding flowers, Bouquets, Boutonnire, Bridal Showers, Baby Showers, Bridal Flowers, Groomsman Boutonnieres, Special Occasions, Floral Design, and Events)

Quote Originally Posted by Howard BAM!
    ******** i didn't even know 3dmark 06 is out. lol... guess i've been living under a rock.

very nice shizzy, that's a beautiful card, when you get a chance to actually overclock it.. let us know how much faster it is compare to a single 78gt/gtx and SLI.
    we forgive u

the pc industry moves so damned fast its impossible to keep up (unless u spend 24/7 on ure pc)

thats why there are so many newgroups

The card is already overclocked as far as I can get it so far. If those were stock speeds it'd be absolutely amazing. The stock scores (card + processor) were equal, or just a little above the high scores I could get with the 7800GTX overclocked with an overclocked processor behind it.

Right now I have the card running at 746Mhz Core and 1680Mhz memory.

"$525."

sh!t. I can built a good Shuttle for that! Not to mention, doesn't that water block cost well over $100?
    i7 920
    Gigabyte EX58-UD3R
    Sapphire ATI 4830
    Corsair 700w
    G.Skill 6GB
    1TB WD Black Edition, 750 WD Green
    Lite-On Blu-Ray
    Sony Optimarc