+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My keyboard keeps failing.

Default My keyboard keeps failing.

Half the time when I turn my PC on, my keyboard doesn't work. I have to uninstall it and re-install it. Not TOO much of an ag, but constantly having to do it is getting on my tits.

Anyone got any ideas as to why it keeps doing it? (Standard PS2 keyboard and Windows XP X64 edition)
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.

[IMG]****************i21.photobucket**********/albums/b280/Abaddon001/sig-1.jpg[/IMG]

Default Re: My keyboard keeps failing.

Quote Originally Posted by Stone Fox
    Not TOO much of an ag, but constantly having to do it is getting on my tits.
    That sounds wrong.............. totally gay

Anyway, does the keyboard worked in BIOS?
    Because if it does, and the keyboard malfunctioned in the OS, than that means the problem is related to the OS itself...... if not, suffice to say :
    GET A NEW KEYBOARD
    "Whether it's on the PC, or in the bedroom, Comixion always seems to have trouble getting his hardware to work like it is supposed to. Good luck! "
    - Avid6eek

[IMG]****************img10.imageshack.us/img10/6232/rivm92zq0.gif[/IMG]

dude, the fact that I can fix it by uninstalling it and re-installing it in windows told me it was an OS issue. And in what way does that sound gay?!
    (\__/)

[IMG]****************i21.photobucket**********/albums/b280/Abaddon001/sig-1.jpg[/IMG]

why excactly does your keyboard need a driver anyways? i don't think i've ever installed a driver for a keyboard... ever.
    i'd say throw it in the trash and get yourself a nice Saitek Eclipse. (get the red one, it looks cooler.)
    Yep

dude, the fact that I can fix it by uninstalling it and re-installing it in windows told me it was an OS issue.
    No need to get agitated, your first post didnt stated that the keyboard malfunctioned from the moment you turned on the PC or during the OS.....

And in what way does that sound gay?!
    Tits and dude dont mix. That's all to it

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzious
    why excactly does your keyboard need a driver anyways? i don't think i've ever installed a driver for a keyboard... ever.
    The drivers is needed to enabled all the buttons and special functionality (Like weak battery indicator for wireless keyboard and for my brother PC, the piano key function on his Creative prodikeys)
    Installing keyboard drivers actually eliminate lags and makes your keyboard worked when multiple buttons are pressed at the same time.........
    Of course, the drivers are only applicable to branded keyboards, normal, all-plain PS/2 keyboard doesnt need drivers. Heck, they dont even have any drivers
    "Whether it's on the PC, or in the bedroom, Comixion always seems to have trouble getting his hardware to work like it is supposed to. Good luck! "
    - Avid6eek

maybe he has moobs!

are there other versions of the driver you could try, stonefox?
    Yep

Update : After digging the net for the stuff, i did come across a thread............. which have about the same problem as yours, stone fox......

Quote Originally Posted by PlanetAMD64
    I discovered that this problem was in connection with a bios setting. I had usb keyboard/mouse support enabled. Once I had disabled this bios feature, my problem was cured. I hope this helps other people too.
    LINK TO THREAD
    - Avid6eek

hmmm my sister has been having the same problem - which she complained about yesterday
    the keyboard doesnt seem to get recognised when its booting up, and neither does the mouse, ill suggest this to her
    [url=****************profile.xfire**********/yahooadam][img]****************miniprofile.xfire**********/bg/co/type/2/yahooadam.png[/img][/url]
    Jacking Your Threads Since 2005
    [url=**********************.last.fm/user/yahooadam/?chartstyle=lastfmrecent3v1] [img]****************imagegen.last.fm/lastfmrecent3v1/recenttracks/4/yahooadam.gif[/img] [/url]

mr. dalek Guest

still i think replace the keyboard micro innvations keyboards are reliable and dont really need drivers becuase there so basic (but the wireless units and extra funcinaity ones do) most of all there cheap and on sale at walmart plus they take a beating ive hit droped slammed spilled and thrown this keyboard of mine and i plug it back in and behold it still works every single time

I had that problem before... With my imac keyboard...

I just gave up and threw it in the trash and got a saitek eclipse...

It could be the connection between the USB and the computer that is causing the problem.
    [CENTER][Size=1][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Red"][B][U]Socket 939 parts[/U][/B]: AMD 64 Opteron 165 @ 2.7 GHz (CBB1E 0550 VPMW), 2X1 GB G.Skill DDR500 HZ (166 Mhz, 250 Mhz 3-4-4-8 1T), DFI Ultra-D NF4
    [B][U]Video Card[/U][/B]: eVGA 7950GT 256MB (thx NotMyBest2Day for the backup card MX400, still going to use it )[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="DarkOrange"][U][B]Sound Card[/B][/U]:Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS
    [B][U]Hard Drives[/U][/B]: 300 GB Maxtor Diamondmax 10 SATA, 160 GB Seagate IDE[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="Orange"][B][U]Optical Drives[/U][/B]: Nec ND-2500A (flashed to 2510A) on Enermax 485w Noisetaker[/COLOR][/center][/size][/FONT]

mr. dalek Guest

i spent 10 dollars on my keyboard its 1 yr old never had a problem never

Ok, so I've swapped the PS2 keyboard for a Kensington USB. The PS2 worked for bios, but the moment you enter windows you have to uninstall it and re-install it, whereas the USB keyboard DOESN'T work until you get into windows. Wtf?
    (\__/)

you probably need to turn on usb keyboard support for older bios-es ...
    [url=****************profile.xfire**********/yahooadam][img]****************miniprofile.xfire**********/bg/co/type/2/yahooadam.png[/img][/url]
    Jacking Your Threads Since 2005
    [url=**********************.last.fm/user/yahooadam/?chartstyle=lastfmrecent3v1] [img]****************imagegen.last.fm/lastfmrecent3v1/recenttracks/4/yahooadam.gif[/img] [/url]

+ Reply to Thread