+ Reply to Thread

Thread: how do i create a gif with sound?

Default how do i create a gif with sound?

i want to create a gif or jpeg with sound so that when people go to my son's website the home page has a gif/jpeg with sound behind it.
    CPU: Intel Q9400@3.6Ghz
    Mobo:GIGABYTE GA-EP45T-USB3P
    Mem: 8Gb DDR800
    Vid: HD3850 512mb(yeah, yeah, I know)

Default Re: how do i create a gif with sound?

Short answer: you don't. GIF doesn't do sound.

Long answer: with Javascript you can do a mouse-over event and play a sound.

I do not however write JS any more and it is not a simple forum answer sort of thing to teach either.
    potato1:Pentium 2Ghz P4, 768MB RAM, 2x250GB HD in RAID 0 with Ext3 on LVM, Fedora Core 5
    potato2:Pentium 2.8Ghz PentiumD, 1GB RAM, 1x250GB HD NTFS, Windows XP Pro <-Dell replaced the prior potato2 with this at no charge when a PS blew. Go Dell!

thanks for the answer. guess i'll have to find out how to use macromedia flash huh?

If you want to do that, you can. I haven't been able to figure Flash out, either. I'm pretty good with C, but JS is like a foreign language to me. What I was thinking was just embed a sound file into a webpage with a "mini-player" so that you have the play/pause and stop buttons. Of course the sound won't sync up with the GIF. If you want everything to sync, you'd be best off figuring out how to do mpeg videos with sound.
    [center][img]**********************.lifelessempathy.net/pics/pcstats/pcstats-sig.gif[/img][/center]

well i did an intro to my sons website with music so that's done with. it was a flash app with a wizard so everything isn't really original but it's done for now. i'm going to think about learning flash so i can do something unique later. thanks for the replies fellas.

+ Reply to Thread