+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Vista Voice Recognition Roxorz.

Default Vista Voice Recognition Roxorz.

They invented the keyboard, and it was great. Then they invented the mouse, and everyone bowed down. But now voice recognition is blowing it all away.

Not to stroke M$'s peen but it's pretty amazing. I mean sure it has its flaws which can get really annoying, but man its so great to just have it on while your on the pc. For example when I'm surfing the net or going through a ton of documents doing all kinds of stuff and using all three, mouse, keyboard and voice recognition, it does indeed make life easier and would suggest you guys with vista give it a try.

I personally can't wait for the day they perfect it to the point where i won't need a mouse and keyboard, or at the very least a keyboard.
    If pro is the opposite of con, what's the opposite of progress?

Default Re: Vista Voice Recognition Roxorz.

ummm MS didnt invent any of those technologies lol ... they stole them like they do everything else lol

* CPU: MOS Technology 6510: 1.023 MHz
    * Video: MOS Technology VIC-II 6567/8562
    * Sound: MOS Technology 6581/8580 SID
    * Input/Output: Two 6526 Complex Interface
    * RAM: 64 kB

well of course, i was just making sure you guys knew i wasn't stroking M$'s e-peen. i can't believe os x had this for a while, almost wish i went to macs a long time ago. almost.

Well i just with they invent something like those in the movie MINORITY REPORT where tom cruise was just doing stuff in his PC with hand motion............ and a holographic projection screen

And voice recognition wont work on me, because i do play loud music when using the computer............ thus nah
    "Whether it's on the PC, or in the bedroom, Comixion always seems to have trouble getting his hardware to work like it is supposed to. Good luck! "
    - Avid6eek

[IMG]****************img10.imageshack.us/img10/6232/rivm92zq0.gif[/IMG]

Wha is the voice rec for? im guesing not typnig in word documaents? you mean to navigate and interface with the OS?

Can you write an example, im curious.
    <font size="2"><font color="Maroon"><div align="center">ASUS Striker II Formula 780i -- Q9650 @ 4.0ghz -- PowerColor 4870X2 -- Custom Watercooling -- SoundMax HD Pci-e -- 4Gb OCZ Platinum 6400 -- WD 150Gb Raptor -- 80Gb Maxtor -- PC P&C 750w -- LG Blue Ray Drive -- Jeantech Retro Case -- Razer Lycosa -- Razer Habu -- Samsung 2493HM 24" -- Creative Gigaworks 750S 7.1</div></font></font>

Quote Originally Posted by 3DGuy View Post
    Wha is the voice rec for? im guesing not typnig in word documaents? you mean to navigate and interface with the OS?

Can you write an example, im curious.
    You could compose a documents using your words, i've used IBM Viavoice in Windows XP and it worked well enough........ but like i've said it needs an extremely silent room..........
    "Whether it's on the PC, or in the bedroom, Comixion always seems to have trouble getting his hardware to work like it is supposed to. Good luck! "
    - Avid6eek

[IMG]****************img10.imageshack.us/img10/6232/rivm92zq0.gif[/IMG]

also most people can type much faster then they speak
    and think navigating with mouse and key is often faster too
    tried many of the voice progs that have been around for ages
    and after awhile i got bored and removed them
    i cant use a skeleton arm with that!<BR>p.s. i fight crime for beer <BR>hhhmm ok i may be a jerk but i'm a jedi jerk like my father was before me :P

i don't use voice recognition to type, at that its still to underdeveloped. what i use it as is basically a second mouse. you can do pretty much everything with voice recognition. technically you don't even need a keyboard or mouse anymore, but it is a lot slower if you don't use keyboard/mouse. on the other hand using all three can make everything go by much faster. for example

- i'm surfing the internet and i want to open a new tap, i say new tab and i get one. no clicking, no going to rightclick -> new tab, or file -> new tab. i just say it.
    - if i want to go to a website i say ******.pcstats**********, i dont have to reach for the keyboard and type it.
    - if i get to the pcstats forums and i see something nice in the video card section, instead of moving my mouse down and clicking it, i just call out the name. if there are multiple names it puts a clear number box over each option, i choose the number, say ok, and thats that.

basically using only the mouse and keyboard is more efficient then using only the voice recognition, but using them all in sync can have its benefits.

also the reason i think they created it is not only for ease of use, but for disabled people. with voice recognition you can do pretty much everything you could do with a keyboard and mouse, and they even have this nifty option where you can say "mouse grid" and it puts a grid on your screen. this is great for people with major disabilities. also all this works in games as well, i played rome total war last night with just the voice recognition.

to give you a better idea, here's a link that shows you how it works, its a youtube link.

You lazy bastard
    <font size=1>[COLOR=Green]AMD Phenom FX-5000 @ 2805Mhz (11x255)/2040Mhz NB & HT[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="SlateGray"]XIGMATEK HDT-S1283
    [/COLOR][COLOR="Sienna"]ASUS M3A79-T Deluxe (ACC: Auto)[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=SlateGray]2x2GB Corsair DHX C4 PC2-6400 @ 680Mhz (4-4-4-12 2T) (Unganged)[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=SlateGray]400GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.10[/COLOR]
    1280MB EVGA GeForce GTX 470 @ 775/1550/3750 1.075V
    [COLOR="Blue"]512MB PNY GeForce GT 240 GDDR5 @ 625/1650/4000[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="Blue"]600W OCZ GameXStream[/COLOR]
    Cooler Master CM 690
    [COLOR=Red]Windows [/COLOR][COLOR=Green]7 [/COLOR][COLOR=Blue]Ultimate [/COLOR][COLOR="Orange"]x64[/COLOR]
    F@H: [URL="****************fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=userpage&username=Michael_Lee"]Michael_Lee[/URL]

look mom no hands. i run most of my windows without touching anything sitting on my lazy boy i gotta say the future of computing is looking mighty good, the only downside might be that my family thinks I'm a lunatic talking to myself. but then again i've been doing that on ventrillo for the past year, so no biggie.

Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    - if i want to go to a website i say ******.pcstats**********, i dont have to reach for the keyboard and type it.
    Do you actually have to say ******. ?
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.

[IMG]****************i21.photobucket**********/albums/b280/Abaddon001/sig-1.jpg[/IMG]

i suppose not, but since its u know words, it doesnt make much of a difference.

+ Reply to Thread