+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Revolution is here! Logitech MX Revolution!

Default The Revolution is here! Logitech MX Revolution!

It had been nearly two years when i first bought the Logitech MX1000, dubbed the first 'cordless laser mouse'. It was revolutionary back then, with excellent ergonomics and good precision.
    The MX1000 series spawns the next generation of Logitech laser mouse, the G series that, you could say officially kicked microsoft off the high-end mouse arenas

Its 2007, and i need new mice. What's better than the world's most advanced mouse? - the Logitech MX Revolution

First of all, it was evolutionary rather than revolutionary. In all aspects, it takes the genes of MX1000 mouse and the G series mouse, mutates it and hey presto, the new mouse is born! It have a neat feature where if you spin the wheel scroll fast (adjustable thru the software), the scroll wheel will go into a free spin and you could go through hundreds of pages of spreadsheet or documents (lol). The side wheel scroll adds further to the usability of the mouse..............For comparison purposes, i include the MX1000 laser mouse in the snapshots:

[IMG]****************i11.photobucket**********/albums/a188/hil2mi/P1080002.jpg[/IMG]
    MX1000 boxes is retro - lots of bling bling that reminds us of retro stuff.....

[IMG]****************i11.photobucket**********/albums/a188/hil2mi/P1080013.jpg[/IMG]
    You could see the similarities between the two mouse. Revolution on the left and MX1000 on the right hand side....

[IMG]****************i11.photobucket**********/albums/a188/hil2mi/P1080016.jpg[/IMG]
    Side shot : The MX Revolution have grooved rubber that makes it better looking than the plain' ol' MX1000 rubbers...

[IMG]****************i11.photobucket**********/albums/a188/hil2mi/P1080027.jpg[/IMG]
    Logitech learn a lot of the importance of the PTFE (Polytetrafluoroethylene) feet, and MX revolution have bigger areas with PTFE. And the mouse is a lot sturdier than MX1000, being that the thumb rest area are levelled even with the rest of the mouse.

[IMG]****************i11.photobucket**********/albums/a188/hil2mi/P1080009.jpg[/IMG]
    The rechargeable/dock station is simply dead gorgeous. The MX1000 dock station look retro whilst the MX revolution dock station look minimalist. It was sturdy with the mouse on it

I felt that the purchase of the new mice was well worth the money, it provides better ergonomics due to the deeper and larger thumb rest area, and the larger PTFE feet makes the mouse glides over the mousing surface

MX Revolution retails for 100 bucks, and if you still using optical mice and wanted to change to new mice, this is the mouse for you.
    "Whether it's on the PC, or in the bedroom, Comixion always seems to have trouble getting his hardware to work like it is supposed to. Good luck! "
    - Avid6eek

[IMG]****************img10.imageshack.us/img10/6232/rivm92zq0.gif[/IMG]

Default Re: The Revolution is here! Logitech MX Revolution!

My MX1000 has that "newer" charging base. But mine came with the MX5000 desktop thing.

Tad expensive for a mouse I'd say.
    Intel Core i7 920 @ 4.2GHz | ASUS P6TD Deluxe | Mushkin Blackline @ 1600MHz 7-9-7-24-1N
    Sapphire HD5870 1050MHz/1200MHz | ASUS Xonar DX | Corsair HX850W
    Silverstone FT01-BW | Heatkiller 3.0 Nickel Plated | EK Acetal+Nickel 5870 Fullcover

Nice man!...Congrat .
    ASUS A8N-SLI Prem/AMD Opteron 180 Dual Core @2.75+ghz/Scythe 120mm/EVGA 7950GT KO@622/1.54gz/2 Maxtor 200gb sata/2 Nec DVD/OCZ 1GB pc4000 Gold EL rev2/ENERMAX 600w/ViewSonic 20.1"/XP PRO
    P5K Deluxe/Wifi-AP,Intel Q6600 G0 @3.7,Corsair 4GB PC-8500,PC P & C 750W,2 LG DVD,PNY GTX 460 1G,WD 320GB & 500GB Vista Ult/XP Pro,X-FI Fatal1ty,Dell 24"

does it have a programmable "grenade" button??
    [html][RIGHT][B][U]System Specs[/U]
    Intel Core2 Quad Q9400 2.8ghz
    DFI Blood Iron P35-T2RL
    OCZ ATI certified 2048mb DDR2
    G.Skill 2048mb DDR2 800
    ATI Radeon HD5770 1024mb
    500gb Western Digital Caviar Black
    Antec High Current Gamer 520W
    Antec Three Hundred
    [/B][/RIGHT][/html]

i think all mice suck compaired to your PINK CELL PHONE hahaha BUSTED

Quote Originally Posted by Qbical View Post
    lol, didn't even see that. I'm sure Zef has some logical explanation...
    Intel Core i7 920 @ 4.2GHz | ASUS P6TD Deluxe | Mushkin Blackline @ 1600MHz 7-9-7-24-1N
    Sapphire HD5870 1050MHz/1200MHz | ASUS Xonar DX | Corsair HX850W
    Silverstone FT01-BW | Heatkiller 3.0 Nickel Plated | EK Acetal+Nickel 5870 Fullcover

good mouse , i have one and they are quite simply outstanding, although somewhat expensive. I love the way it just moulds to your hand, however, youd be knakcered if you were left handed eh?

the mechanical wheel is also ingenious
    [IMG]****************i16.photobucket**********/albums/b42/oweninnovations/temp_lpqhp10qusav0ej8ul0138iha7.jpg[/IMG]

Ha,ha.I missed that lmao.
    ASUS A8N-SLI Prem/AMD Opteron 180 Dual Core @2.75+ghz/Scythe 120mm/EVGA 7950GT KO@622/1.54gz/2 Maxtor 200gb sata/2 Nec DVD/OCZ 1GB pc4000 Gold EL rev2/ENERMAX 600w/ViewSonic 20.1"/XP PRO
    P5K Deluxe/Wifi-AP,Intel Q6600 G0 @3.7,Corsair 4GB PC-8500,PC P & C 750W,2 LG DVD,PNY GTX 460 1G,WD 320GB & 500GB Vista Ult/XP Pro,X-FI Fatal1ty,Dell 24"

ROFL XD !!!

Hahaha, you got me there! Anyway i was fooled into the Motorola scheme that says the pink Razr is limited edition........... in the end there was like millions like it out there

Anyway i have blue-coloured-razr and i exchange between the pink and blue phone periodically

Going to ditch it for HTC touch or newer o2 PDA's
    "Whether it's on the PC, or in the bedroom, Comixion always seems to have trouble getting his hardware to work like it is supposed to. Good luck! "
    - Avid6eek

very nice man

personally i still like the G5, and it works like a dream, and i think its going on for like 2 years old now
    But alot of people like wireless mice, and that one is pretty damn sexy

also - lolz at pink phone
    [url=****************profile.xfire**********/yahooadam][img]****************miniprofile.xfire**********/bg/co/type/2/yahooadam.png[/img][/url]
    Jacking Your Threads Since 2005
    [url=**********************.last.fm/user/yahooadam/?chartstyle=lastfmrecent3v1] [img]****************imagegen.last.fm/lastfmrecent3v1/recenttracks/4/yahooadam.gif[/img] [/url]

back on track here, i have been using the MX510s for a long time and i must say they take a beating. i was thinking about moving to this new one, i just wasnt sure how it was in games and battery life

back on track here, i have been using the MX510s for a long time and i must say they take a beating. i was thinking about moving to this new one, i just wasnt sure how it was in games and battery life
    Battery life, well, it would last for 14 days on a 12-hour per day usage basis. And gaming performance is good, since the newer wireless receiver works on full USB2.0 and on 2.4Ghz spectrum (should lower the probability of signal crossover)

Trust me, you wont be disappointed with this mouse. They had perfected the wireless and laser technology available on MX1000. Saying that, the newer G9 wired Gaming Mouse is about to be released, so if you wanted gaming stuff go for that one

Logitech G9 Links
    - Avid6eek

wow that mouse looks .... well odd
    It doesn't even seem that amazing, 2500dpi is still way more then u need, and sadly increasing the dpi just makes the cursor move more for a given distance on the mouse, it doesn't make it more accurate, allowing it to sense more accurately how much you move the mouse
    So 3200dpi sounds like a waste of time
    I think ill stick with my G5 thanks, still works fantastic, its the right shape, although it could do with some new super duper feet
    [url=****************profile.xfire**********/yahooadam][img]****************miniprofile.xfire**********/bg/co/type/2/yahooadam.png[/img][/url]
    [url=**********************.last.fm/user/yahooadam/?chartstyle=lastfmrecent3v1] [img]****************imagegen.last.fm/lastfmrecent3v1/recenttracks/4/yahooadam.gif[/img] [/url]

Quote Originally Posted by yahooadam View Post
    wow that mouse looks .... well odd
    It doesn't even seem that amazing, 2500dpi is still way more then u need, and sadly increasing the dpi just makes the cursor move more for a given distance on the mouse, it doesn't make it more accurate, allowing it to sense more accurately how much you move the mouse
    So 3200dpi sounds like a waste of time
    I think ill stick with my G5 thanks, still works fantastic, its the right shape, although it could do with some new super duper feet
    I totally agree with that, which is why i was reluctant to upgrade to G7, because have less buttons than either the MX1000 or MX revolution. And 800 DPi is more than enough, since i normally tuned the sensitivity down to 1/2 of the total sensitivity.

The DPi resolution would came in handy with the scaling of display resolution, because with higher resolution the mouse needed more sensitive sensor inorder to move efficiently, well, if the user is that efficient, of course

I would love to see the mouse with removeable and bigger PTFE feet. Just like you say yahooadam, super duper feet is a nice addition indeed
    - Avid6eek

ok so i dont really puff that much about stuff like mice, but that G9 looks like that cats pajamas. i am DEF. getting that thing

I used one of those mice the other day! pretty nice IMO.

Nice pink Razr, Zef. Have you modded that thing at all? I have a black one that i did custom startup, shutdown, all custom noises, and changed the external LCD image on. I want to to the Clublights mod next.
    Yep

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzious View Post

Nice pink Razr, Zef. Have you modded that thing at all? I have a black one that i did custom startup, shutdown, all custom noises, and changed the external LCD image on. I want to to the Clublights mod next.
    dude, dont b that guy that has the flashy lights on his phone. tis super corny

That's not modding, that's customising ....
    Well at least in my eyes, modding is where you physically change it, IE, modify it beyond what its supposed to be

Yeah, i modded three of my V3 to the Half-Life 2 theme

I got one V3 Pink, V3 Blue, and one V3xx. Well, they are s*it in terms of function but stylish and for that i love em'. But the trends over and too many people owned a V3, and thus i would sold them all and buy other rare-phone

LOL classic threadjacks
    - Avid6eek

+ Reply to Thread