+ Reply to Thread

Thread: NewEgg Sells Counterfeit Intel Core i7 920 CPU According to Overclockers**********

Default NewEgg Sells Counterfeit Intel Core i7 920 CPU According to Overclockers**********

Quoting Overclockers**********; "Some of Overclockers********** forum members are reporting that they purchased Intel i7 920 processors from Newegg, but what they received was anything but a usable processor."

Catch the rest of the story here: **********************.pcstats**********/NewsView.cfm?NewsID=82375

[IMG]**********************.pcstats**********/ArticleImages/201003/fan.jpg[/IMG]

Default Re: NewEgg Sells Counterfeit Intel Core i7 920 CPU According to Overclockers**********

That's awesome lol. I'd be so pissed
    [url=****************valid.x86-secret**********/show_oc.php?id=343106][img]****************valid.x86-secret**********/cache/banner/343106.png[/img][/url]

[IMG]****************img215.imageshack.us/img215/1885/13293202ug5.gif[/IMG]

Default Re: NewEgg Sells Counterfeit Intel Core i7 920 CPU According to Overclockers**********

Open Box maybe? Can't see Newegg selling retail CPUs like this.
    Intel Core i7 920 @ 4.2GHz | ASUS P6TD Deluxe | Mushkin Blackline @ 1600MHz 7-9-7-24-1N
    Sapphire HD5870 1050MHz/1200MHz | ASUS Xonar DX | Corsair HX850W
    Silverstone FT01-BW | Heatkiller 3.0 Nickel Plated | EK Acetal+Nickel 5870 Fullcover

Default Update from newegg...

"Newegg is currently conducting a thorough investigation surrounding recent shipments of questionable Intel Core i7-920 CPUs purchased from Newegg**********.

Initial information we received from our supplier, IPEX, stated that they had mistakenly shipped us “demo units.” We have since come to discover the CPUs were counterfeit and are terminating our relationship with this supplier. Contrary to any speculation, D&H Distributing is not the vendor that supplied us with the Intel Core i7-920 CPUs in question.

...We take matters like this extremely seriously, and are working in close cooperation with Intel and the appropriate law enforcement authorities to thoroughly investigate this incident."

+ Reply to Thread