+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Budget games rig suggestions

Default Budget games rig suggestions

Hey guys! Hope you're all well, it's been a while since I've stuck my head in here...

I was hoping for some advice if I may be so bold. I've not really been looking at PC hardware for a while and really don't have a clue what's going on in the industry at the moment, the last time I looked the Q6600 was the top dog.

At the moment I'm using an E6300 o/c'd to 2.8ghz, 2 x 2Gb of OCZ Reaper 1066mhz DDR2 and a 216core 260GTX.

My 'B' rig has just died of old age and I'm looking to replace. Rather
    than build a budget 'b' rig I thought I'd retire my 'A' rig to 'B' status
    and build a budget 'A' rig;- something cheap but with room for improvement / future proofing.

What I'm looking at so far for board chip and RAM is:

Asus P7P55 LX P55 Socket 1156 8 Channel Audio Out ATX Motherboard
    Intel G6950 2.80GHz 3MB Socket 1156 Cache Retail Box Processor
    Kingston 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1600MHz HyperX Memory Kit CL9(9-9-9-27) 1.7 - 1.9V
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.

[IMG]****************i21.photobucket**********/albums/b280/Abaddon001/sig-1.jpg[/IMG]

Default Re: Budget games rig suggestions

SC2 doesn't require that much to run. an i5 dual core and a HD 5830 / GTX 460 will be more than sufficient. hell even previous generation's GTX 260 or 9800GTX HD4870 will do just fine.
    [IMG]**********************.digitalinvent**********/files/Siggy.jpg[/IMG]
    ******.poppetsfloral********** - The one stop shop for all your floral arrangement needs. (Wedding flowers, Bouquets, Boutonnière, Bridal Showers, Baby Showers, Bridal Flowers, Groomsman Boutonnieres, Special Occasions, Floral Design, and Events)

+ Reply to Thread