+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How to make Windows Mail work in Windows 7

Default How to make Windows Mail work in Windows 7

Post your questions and reader suggestions for the PCSTATS Newsletter Tech Tip on How to make Windows Mail work in Windows 7 in this thread.

Max

Unhappy Re: How to make Windows Mail work in Windows 7

Doesn't seem to work !

According to system, I have administrator priveleges.
    Guide says to navigate to "Windows Mail" file...actually there are 2 files here, Windows Mail7 in Program Files and Windows Mail (x86) in Program Files (x86)...no "Windows Mail" only in Program Files..?
    When I tried to takeownership, the system responded with " current logged on user does not have ownership priveleges on the file " Tried in both Mail7 and Mail (x86).

Why do I appear to have Admin priveleges according to my profile, but can't take ownership ??
    Which file are we re-naming, the one in Mail7 or Mail (x86) ?

Thx...

Angry Re: How to make Windows Mail work in Windows 7

More to above !!

Just realized I am using an HP computer !!! Make any difference re administrator priveleges ??

Default Re: How to make Windows Mail work in Windows 7

I was able to make Windows Mail work on my 64 bit Windows 7. The main reason that I wanted Windows Mail was to facilitate the emailing of pictures from my "pictures library".
    When I Rt click on a picture or folder and select "email", I get the message that I need an email program installed or if I have one already installed, I need to "associate" the email program in the "defaults" section.
    Can anyone tell me how? I checked in Vista and you are able to select Windows Mail as your default email program, but not in Windows 7.
    Can anyone tell me how this can be done. I have been using computers since the early '80's, but am still a beginner. Thanks

Default Re: How to make Windows Mail work in Windows 7

Quote Originally Posted by BOSS View Post
    I was able to make Windows Mail work on my 64 bit Windows 7. The main reason that I wanted Windows Mail was to facilitate the emailing of pictures from my "pictures library".
    When I Rt click on a picture or folder and select "email", I get the message that I need an email program installed or if I have one already installed, I need to "associate" the email program in the "defaults" section.
    Can anyone tell me how? I checked in Vista and you are able to select Windows Mail as your default email program, but not in Windows 7.
    Can anyone tell me how this can be done. I have been using computers since the early '80's, but am still a beginner. Thanks
    Thank you, It helps me.

+ Reply to Thread